Friday 15 November 2013

Sharjah International Book Festival





I am a lover of books... I love walking into a crossword (or any bookshop, for that matter), finding a cozy nook and flipping through books... I love the feeling of holding a book in my hands, smelling its pages and reading its blurb... I get totally excited by seeing  a new book... Sometimes, even talking about a new book gives me an adrenaline rush... Now that doesn't mean that I am a voracious reader... Strange, isn't it? I know... How much ever I love being taken into a different world through books, I always find something more lovable to do... I need a very quiet, lonesome place to start reading a book.. Most often,  my laptop, TV, mobile phone or magazines take up my free time.. But once I do get hooked on to a book, I find it really hard to keep it down...   I love sitting alone at a  coffee shop and enjoying a book, sometimes enjoying the coffee more than the book (esply if its cold coffee with whipped cream)...But I love immersing in a book the best, when I am travelling.. That is when I have very few things to distract me..except, ofcourse the fellow travellers who want to distract.. But then books are the best excuse to keep them at bay....


There is no wonder then that the Sharjah Book Fair excited me.. I get to walk into a hall full of books!!. That thrilled me to the core...So, me and V did go to the fair and I had a good time being amidst the books. Well, I didn't buy any books though.. Ofcorz, we are Indians who do the conversion math after all!.. So I carefully noted some book titles to be bought during my next visit to India...


When I asked V to click a pic of mine, he obliged readily, but not before making me pose with this book titled "Why men marry bitches".. He tells me he could have easily co-authored the book :D


                           (click the image for a larger view)


This is the Live Cooking Corner.. Many internationally acclaimed chefs whip up their recipes in front of us.. Sanjeev Kapoor and Vicky Ratnani were also among them... But unfornately, I had to give it a miss.. I was really starving, and went as close as I could get to the cooking corner, hoping that I would get to sample something.. But tough luck :P





Another click from the Fair...





No comments:

Post a Comment